Saturday, August 17, 2013

Lie’s That Prevent Joy  -  Lie#3


 
(1Jo 2:4) "He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." The lie that says that, "I know God when I keep not his commandments," is probably one of the biggest lies that is told today. There are literally billions of people on this earth that believe that there is a God, but unfortunately most have never met Jesus through a real salvation experience. It's easy to say I believe, or I'm saved, but how many of those truthfully obey His Word. Jesus asks the question in (Luke 6:46),"And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?" There can only be two answers to this question. 1) Most people are not really saved.  Most people don't obey because they simply don't have God's Spirit. (Matt. 7:21) "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven."  2) Because of Disobedience. It's easy to get saved, but it's not so easy to obey God's commands once you’re saved. If you and I truthfully want the joy of the Lord in our lives we must first get saved, and after surrender to the will and way of God. If there is no surrender there can be no real Christian joy. True joy only comes after obedience to God’s commands.