Sunday, December 21, 2014

Have you any room for Christ?

(Luke 2:7) "And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in
swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for
them in the inn." Ever since I first heard this verse as a little boy, I
have been challenged by the fact that when Jesus Christ was born, there was
"no room" for Mary and Joseph to have their baby. When I was a child I would
watch a movie about the birth of Christ, and be saddened when the Inn keeper
said to Joseph, "no room." And all my life I have never have forgotten those
words, words that the Holy Spirit uses to convict me of my heart attitude at
different times. For, it's real easy to get side tracked, to fill our lives
with the things of this world and have "no room" for the spiritual. It's
easy to get wrapped up in work and other things that cause us to neglect
church, people, and God's  service. It's easy to become too involved in the
carnal, where we no longer have time for God and His work. So, how can we
know if we have " room" for Christ today? Take a piece of paper and write
down everything you do for Christ through your local church, leave off
church attendance, and then write down what you used to do. It's amazing how
easy it is these days to push Jesus into the stable, and have "no room" for
him in our homes and lives anymore!